Professor Thaddeus Mason Pope on end-of-life law and policy
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Legal Duties of Clinicians When Terminally Ill Patients With Cancer or Their Surrogates Insist on ‘Futile’ Treatment
My latest "Law and Ethics in Oncology" column in the ASCO Post is now available here: "Legal Duties of Clinicians When Terminally Ill Patients With Cancer or Their Surrogates Insist on ‘Futile’ Treatment."
I'll have to take a look at that. I have a friend with terminal cancer. Her cancer is advancing and she is now on her second course of salvage chemo treatment after failing the first line of conventional chemotherapy. She does not have a DNR. Her POLST calls for basically everything to be done. it's not a choice I would make.
I'll have to take a look at that. I have a friend with terminal cancer. Her cancer is advancing and she is now on her second course of salvage chemo treatment after failing the first line of conventional chemotherapy. She does not have a DNR. Her POLST calls for basically everything to be done. it's not a choice I would make.
ReplyDelete