A few interesting notes:
- There are malpractice claims made against many of the various providers, alleging that had proper treatment been provided faster, Gregory would have fully recovered from his ski injury.
- Gregory's father consented to a DNR order, though he allegedly did not understand the implications of this order.
- Gregory's father also consented to organ donation after being informed Gregory was brain dead.
- Count 1 is for wrongful death: "Drs. . . . intentionally killed Gregory Jacobs by starting surgery before Gregory was dead."
- Other counts are for conspiracy to commit homicide, IIED, medical malpractice, fraudulent misrepresentation, negligent misrepresentation, battery, mutilation of a corpse, and unfair trade practices.